Creative Church Consulting
Scott brings more than two decades of experience as an arts ministry practitioner and recognized leader, arts advocate, creative conference producer, and creative non-profit director to his work with churches. He has a MATM from Fuller Theological Seminary with Worship, Theology, and the Arts specialization, is author of Creative Church Handbook from IVP, and has written dozens of articles on church creativity.
Scott consults with churches and ministries on:
- Specific arts and creativity programs for the church
- Developing a plan for visual creativity in the church
- Creating artful church services
- Church art gallery creation
- Starting and running an Arts Ministry
- Creative Spiritual Formation approaches
- Integrating art and creativity into church ministries
- How churches can respond to crisis and disaster with the healing power of the arts
- Creating and maintaining arts community
- How to release creativity in your congregation.
- How develop creative habits in your staff.
- and more
Contact him about consulting at Scott (at) TheNewR.org.
In addition to authoring books and articles, Scott enjoys helping others with writing projects. He is available as a writing consultant, content editor, ghostwriter, story consultant, and writing/publishing coach. Contact him about your writing project at Scott (at) TheNewR.org.
Scott’s books include Finding Divine Inspiration, and Creative Church Handbook, and his articles appear on Relevantmagazine.com, Crosswalk.com, Medium.com, and many other websites. He is the editor of CreativeChurchArtsIdeas.org
Creativity Workshops, Seminars, and Retreats
These events are generally geared toward those who want a deeper creative connection with God, want explore their creativity, or learn to use art in ministry. Workshops may be 1 to 3 hours, Seminars 4 to 6 hours, and retreats 1 to 3 days.
Scott speaks across denominations and leads workshops, seminars, and retreats on such topics as:
- Collaborating with God in your creativity.
- Learning to hear God’s voice.
- Finding your place in the new creative Renaissance.
- Discovering your creative calling.
- Spiritual formation for the artist.
- Personal Prayer Art ministry training.
Contact him about a creative workshop, seminar, or retreat at Scott (at) TheNewR.org.
Scott was an accomplished voiceover artist, having spent nearly three decades in broadcasting and voice acting. He is noted for hosting the Animal Planet TV series, “Wildlife Journal” from 2004-2007, and is heard on national TV commercials, video games, websites and more.
After a jaw injury he mostly retired from daily voiceover work, but still takes the occasional project upon request. Contact him about a voiceover project at Scott (at) TheNewR.org.
Scott speaks nationally on creativity, the arts, and faith at churches, conferences, and events. Contact him about a speaking engagement at Scott (at) TheNewR.org
A few of his topics include:
- The gift and power of the Imagination.
- Awakening the creativity of God that lives in every person.
- Developing a lifestyle of listening to and collaborating with God.
- The power of the arts in sharing Gods love.
- God’s design for creativity and the arts in the church.
- And more.
Each message is tailored to needs of your church, group or organization.
Contact him at Scott(a)TheNewR.org for more information.